A Pledge to My Neighbors
Congress People are public servants, not leaders. We elect a Mayor, Governor and President as leaders. As a Congress Member I will humbly and transparently represent all of my neighbors. Not just Democrats. Voting Party line does not take into consideration the other 70% of people in each District.
As a Veteran considering country and a Moderate I’ll serve independently and consider only the interests of the People and Country.
I will consider all policies based on these common-sense standards:
- Is it an Affordable Priority of most Americans? Do we really want it?
- Does it Unite Us with actual liberal listening and considerations?
- Does it Keep Us Safe?
- Will it contribute to Economic Certainty?
- Will it create Equal outcomes of Opportunity?
- Does the policy avoid favoring one group over another group?
- After all the bills are totaled, can we still afford it?
- Indebting future families should only be considered if we can’t afford to wait until another budget period.
- Every Department in the Federal Government will be vulnerable to cuts or elimination based on these standards.
- Every Department will be required to share resources with other Departments, as determined by Congress.
- Each policy should be offered on its own merits, in its own bill. Omnibus bills are anti-productive.
- Above all, does the policy firmly adhere to the principals of the US Constitution.
Since March I’ve been applying the problem solving skills that I’ve learned from the Army and a 30 year digital publishing career, then pouring out ideas from my head that have been dammed up there for over 15 years.
Those articles were focused on finding a path to a third party, which I determined to be unneeded. I will edit and republish those articles regularly between now and March.
Congress is nonresponsive, simply, because too many of Us skip the Primary election. I challenge my District to vote and set the example for the other 434 Districts and the Nation in the Battle Born Voters Challenge.
In pursuit of your valuable Vote, I will also be striving to make the Votes of every American matter by asking you to Vote. Even if it’s not for me. Just Vote!